Skill Level: Intermediate
Timings: 09.30am – 5pm (both days)
We are delighted to welcome that super talented Ben the Cake Man to the kitchen. Ben is a multi -award winning cake artist and wedding cake judge at Cake International. Join Ben for his two day class and learn how to create his fabulous contemporary two tier ‘Suede and Sugar Flowers’ cake.
You will learn the following techniques:
- Ombre painted effect on cakes
- Suede effect on cakes
- Veining, wiring, dusting of sugar flowers, buds, leaves and twigs
- Assembling the flowers and foliage
- Positioning finished flowers and foliage on the cake to create that wow factor.
During the class you will learn to create the following:
- Large wired rose and smaller ones
You will be working on cake dummies during this class, which we ask you to provide. Full details will be provided on booking. All other equipment will be provided, including class notes, a light lunch and plenty tea, coffee with home baking. Remember to bring a notepad and pen to take notes and a camera to photograph each stage of the class. Please note that no video recording is permitted.
Free parking is available.
See you in the kitchen!